I did this a couple of years ago and would love to do it again. I’ve searched and chosen 2 30 day gratitude challenges that I like. The first is about what you are grateful for, and the second is about doing things for others and yourself. I hope to do this over February and March. Not on Saturdays for with the days getting longer (yay to sunshine!) shabbat is out much later and there won’t be time. I’m thinking of leaving out Fridays too, but will see how much time I have before shabbat on Fridays (Shabbat is from Friday afternoon until after sunset on Saturday, when I aim not to use any technology or electricity etc). I’d really love to do this with you as I feel like it’ll be more fun, and I’d love to see your posts about this. If you do it, please let me know, or link your posts (or email your replies). Even if you only do it once a week :). I’d also like to do this for it’s a way of focusing on the positive and is more about spreading sunshine, glitter, sparkles and light than rambling. At the moment I’m really liking glitter, even in clothes!
I’m looking forward to starting this on the 1st or 2nd of February, or if worst comes to worst – since I’m really busy the next couple of weeks and may not actually have time – mid February.
Please join me!
Gratitude challenge 1
- What moments are you grateful for?
- Who in your life are you grateful for?
- What food are you grateful for?
- What new skills are you grateful for?
- What about your body are you grateful for?
- What new item are you grateful for?
- What smell are you grateful for?
- What new connection are you grateful for?
- What books are you grateful for?
- What tradition are you grateful for?
- What colours are you grateful for?
- What and how did you overcome recently?
- What season of the year are you grateful for?
- What recent challenge are you grateful for?
- What sounds are you grateful for?
- Which new places did you see and love?
- What in nature are you grateful for?
- What invention are you grateful for?
- What did you learn last year?
- What role model are you grateful for?
- What lesson are you grateful for?
- What attribute of a person in your life are you grateful for?
- What change last year are you grateful for?
- What part of the day are you grateful for?
- What was the best moment last year?
- What voyage are you grateful for?
- Where did you see unexpected beauty?
- What in day to day life are you grateful for?
- What talent are you grateful for?
- What blessings are you grateful for?
Gratitude challenge 2
- Write down three things that you are thankful for.
- Express gratitude to at least one important person in your life.
- Go one full day without complaining.
- Meditate for ten minutes.
- Make an effort to smile more throughout the day.
- Engage in a random act of kindness.
- Spend thirty minutes practising self care.
- Send flowers – or something nice, a small gift or anything – to someone you care about.
- Write thank you notes (or some notes) to five people in your life.
- Go outside and appreciate the beauty of nature.
- Do something nice for a co-worker.
- Recognise today as a gift.
- List three things you like about your job.
- Spend the day being an optimist.
- Write down five things that you like about yourself.
- Recognise three things that you usually take for granted.
- Write about your favourite part of the workday.
- Think of what you’re grateful for before going to bed.
- Sign up to volunteer for a day in your community.
- Catch a coworker doing a good job and thank them.
- Think of a way that someone helped you today.
- Write down three things that you appreciate about your boss.
- Notice positive traits about your colleagues.
- Spend time with loved ones.
- Think of something great that has happened to you in the last year.
- Write a thank you note to a colleague.
- Refrain from gossip or speaking negatively about others.
- Compliment a stranger.
- Express your thankfulness for life’s hardships.
- Start a gratitude journal
Love, light and glitter